I've told many people that I've "remodeled" the house that we are living in, but not many really understand what all that in tales. Now that we are done and the house is officially on the market I want to post before and after pictures of all that we have done here. This is my little "journal" entry so I wont forget this little house. We've had so much fun here.
We moved in to 560 Agee St. in 2006 and shortly thereafter started our little renovation project. We started in the AZ room (out here it's usually known as the Florida room or the sun room).
Here is what would eventually become the laundry room.
This is going to become our dining room.
This corner is where I now have a little food cupboard. Can you see the washer/dryer through the door in the kitchen? We'll get to that later.
Andrew and Austin were so excited to help hang the dry wall. They were 6 and 3 at the time.
We had to take those nasty cabinets out off the wall... we didn't know at the time that they were stuck in the roof as well! I was a little panicky about the massage hole in the roof, but Nate assured me he could fix it.
We had to have some fun with the paint. Every room that we painted ended up with some sort of tagging on the wall!
The drywall didn't take too long to hand, but the mudding was a nightmare. It was so rainy outside when we did this that it took 3 days to dry, and it kept cracking out, so we had to keep re-mudding it. So while we were waiting for the mud to dry, we started on the flooring.
Remember that hole in the roof? He did a dang good job fixing it. It blends in so well now that no one would ever guess! (We painted and textured it, but I don't have a picture of it.
These aren't in perfect order, sorry. This is the drywall before the mud.
Before we painted we textured the walls with the left over mud. Notice the fan? We were trying to dry it faster so we could get on with the paint.
It's amazing what a little color will do for a room!
2 years after we were "done" with the AZ room we were preparing to list the house and our realtor recommended taking out an unsightly window that was in our living room/AZ room. Yea, another project!
Those old windows had weights inside them to keep it from crashing back down when it was open. The boys had fun playing with it!
I'll post the next room we did as soon as I have time.

4 comments:
Becky, wow that was great! Nate did a great job with that window you're right, you can't even tell!
Keep the great pictures coming and good luck with the move...
Those few weeks Nate spent hanging drywall on Post with Bro. Berg REALLY paid off! It's amazing how valuable some of these skills we "accidentally" learn along the way can REALLY come back to bless us later on in life!
Wow! You guys are awesome. Nate really does do some good work. Send him my way!
Oh my gosh!!! It looks fabulous!! Dang Nate, you did a great job! Nice to have the window covered up, lol! :D
Post a Comment