Just Another Day In Paradise

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BOO!

Happy Pumpkin Day!!!
Boy, we had a busy Halloween week. Austin dressed up for:
A costume birthday party
Our church "Trunk or Treat"
His school party and parade
Halloween Night
And our neighborhood "Trick or Treat" Night... no, it wasn't on Halloween...
Andrew did the same, except for the birthday party.
Getting kids in costumes and make up 5 times... I was pretty excited to pull out that Halloween bin and put everything away for a year. I'm Pooped.
Despite all the work. We did have a lot of fun!
Alyssa is tiny. I've often told people this, but to put it in perspective, Alyssa actually fit into the costume I made her last year! She was still crawling last year!
Andrew dressed up as a pirate. We went to the dollar store and found some fun accessories, and he just wore some clothes that kind of fit the part. :-).
It's frustrating that my pictures never upload in the order that I want them too.
Here's another picture of Alyssa in her little costume from last year.
It's Halloween... you HAVE to dress up. So I bumbed some little wings off of Alyssa, slapped some little stickers on my face, and threw a crown on my head and went to the ward party as "A Frumpy Fairy Housewife". I had my blue pajama bottoms on.
Did I mention that Alyssa won BEST COSTUME at the ward party?! I have to admit... I saw it coming. :-) You should have heard the "Oooo's and Ahhhh's". :-)
On Halloween night it was COLD! So I didn't want Alyssa in that little tutu. My friend Krystal had given me this little snow princess costume and it looked much warmer, so that's what Alyssa wore. I think she's adorable!
Austin went as RAMBO! It was so funny. When he went to the birthday party Nate said there were tons of little princesses running around, and when Austin walked in, with his little toy knife and gun hanging out of his pockets, Matt (the Dad of the party) got a big 'ol smile and said, "Yeesss!"
For Halloween and Trick or Treat night... honestly, I think it's ridiculous that they don't Trick or Treat on Halloween around here... Andrew was finally able to bust out his pride and joy. A nasty skin graft cut like thing... and his favorite... fake BLOOD!
Here are all my little Angels...
Oops... I uploaded the blurry picture... anyway... this is my boys with their stash of candy... I get a tummy ache just looking at it all.
Again, this is totally in the wrong order...
Here is Andrew getting his blood on...
Nasty.

We had to end this on a cute note, so, once again, for your enjoyment...
Here's Alyssa!



I hope you all had a Happy, Fun, and Spooky Halloween!!!

4 comments:

Toni said...

The kids looked great in their costumes.

Kate said...

Here's what I do for pictures uploading in the order I want: I look through the pictures on the computer and write them down in the order I want them. Then I load them from the bottom of the list up. Blogger loads them backwards so in the end they'd be in the right order.

We only did 2 nights of Halloween stuff and that was at least 1 night too many. Glad you guys had fun! :0)

Emily and John said...

Wow! You sure had one busy Halloween. But it looks like you had a blast too. John and I wanted to dress up but there was too much going on with the move. Alyssa looks adorable and it's no surprise that she won! ;-) Austin as Rambo, that's hilarious! Andrew likes fake wounds and fake blood just like John does! How fun!

Mom said...

Wow!!! When I was at your stage of life it was all I could deal with to get through ONE night of dressing up...you are a SUPER MOM!!! :-D

I'm glad that everyone had so much fun, though, and everyone's costumes were great!!!