Just Another Day In Paradise

Sunday, April 19, 2009

And The Winner is...

Andrew wanted to submit a poster to the school's poster contest, so the night before the poster was due we made a run to walmart and bought a poster board for him. We stayed up late discussing what topic he wanted to focus on and the layout of the poster. After finding some good clip art pictures on Microsoft Word he typed up some explanations of each picture and we printed them all, cut them out and pasted them down. He hand wrote the title of the poster and his final thought at the bottom. I believe it was, "Caring is helping those you love."
For a few weeks we didn't hear much, then I got a call from Mr. Lewis the principle telling me that Andrew won! So Nate, Alyssa and I surprised Andrew by showing up to a 2nd grade assembly where they announced Andrew as the winner.
I don't know where the poster is now. I should have taken a picture of it. I hope that I can find it before we move so I can at least take a picture of it. Anyway, here are some pictures of him and his award, and the video of them announcing Andrew as the winner. Watch how "chill" he takes everything... he really didn't have a clue that he won.


He totally cracks me up the way he is just so chill about the whole thing.
Yes, he did win $100.00 "patriot bond"... but they sent us 2 checks! I have to find out who to return the 2nd check too, or if it was intentional.

3 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Hooray for Andrew! He's all acting like it's no big deal..."Ain't no thang but a chicken wing".

That's totally cool! And totally funny that the poster was all made last minute! Shows there's some awesome creativity in that little guy.

P.S. HE'S HUGE!! Loren and I can't believe it!

At Home with the Hobarts said...

Andrew is too cute!! I agree with Allison, he is so big now. I remember the day he was born as if it were yesterday. Where has the time gone? Tell Andrew congrats for me. That's impressive that he put it together at the last minute and still won. Good for him!!

Toni said...

That's awesome. Congrats to Andrew.