Just Another Day In Paradise

Friday, June 26, 2009

Andrew's pinewood derby!

I have a TON that I need to update everyone on, so I'm just going to start where I left off and try to do a big update... this is going to take a few days... hopefully I will have time to update all I want too.
Okay... My Mom and Dad and my sister Kim (who totally surprised me!) flew into town the day before Andrew's pinewood derby (they came into town for Nate's graduation... you are going to have wait a little until I get to that. :-) ) So they had the unbelievable privilege of attending Andrew's first pinewood derby race!
All the cars were so cute, but these are my favorite.
Andrew's friend Jordan made this "bad boy"... he even raced it with the army guys on top! So funny!
I LOVE my ward, and here is one reason why... they let the girls race... yeah, you heard me right... all the 8-11 year old girls got to make a car and race too! I'm so jealous! I would have LOVED to race! This one was adorable because of all the glitter on the car... you just don't see much glitter typically at these kinds of races. :-)
Here is a shot of most of the cars getting all lined up and ready to race.
And my favorite! You can totally tell this was Andrew's (and Nate's) car. Now, for those who don't know, Nate is a major car guy and before medical school he and his friends used to rebuild old hot rods and sell them. This car features car primer, 2 coats of paint, a custom flame job that only a series of sharpies could provide, clear coat, and then was "cut and buffed". Yeah... it rocked.
Here is one of Andrew's races... he won 4th place!
By the way... he won "Best in Show"... which was all that Nate cared about anyway. :-)

2 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

That is so awesome! I loved the army toys on top of Andrew's friend's car! HAHAHA!! That is so rad!

And the girls get to race? Now that is the coolest thing I've ever heard of. Your ward is "da bomb"!

And congrats to Andrew on getting 4th place and best car in show. I should've figured that with Nate as his father that would happen. The car did look pretty sweet and they did a good job on it.

I liked this post! It was a fun read!

Mom said...

Congratulations to Andrew on a great race and a cool car! He looked so "handsome" in his cub scout uniform...Grandpa Evans would be proud! :-D