You know that day that you work toward for so long, that it just seams like it's never really going to get here? Kind of like no kid can really envision themselves graduating from high school, or getting married, or having children, but then before they knew it the "big day" arrives.
This was that day for us.
We've been married for 9 1/2 years, and Nate's been in school for pretty much that entire time, working for this day.
And it finally came!

This was so funny because when Nate tried on his robes he told me that he felt like Harry Potter! :-) Don't you just love that ridiculous hat!

The big moment!
Dr. Wolfe was the one who was reading off the names of the graduates, and he is AWESOME because he knows something about all his students. So, to keep things entertaining while reading all the names, before he officially announced them as "Dr. so and so" he would say something funny about the person. My Dad video taped this for me, but I don't have a copy of it yet, so I can't post it, but here is how Dr. Wolfe announced Nate:
"Nathaniel Evans, Nate Evans, rebuilder of old cars, and swing dancer extraordinaire. Dr. Evans"

Now, after any big occasion you have to stick around for the photo shoot that follows it. Poor Nate couldn't wait to take off his "Harry Potter" outfit, but I wouldn't let him pull a Paul :-)

Here is our very proud and happy little family... I think Austin must have been constipated or something...

Nate, his Mom and Dad and brother Stephen.

Everyone who came for the graduation. THANK YOU so much for coming!!!

Tracy and Nate... I love this picture!

We couldn't be happier.

The guys. John, Nate, Nick, Tracy and John Alexander, he couldn't make it to the party afterward. Poor Wayne couldn't make it for the picture... I gave him a hard time about it... sorry Wayne. :-)

Andrew and Austin, different as can be, but two peas in a pod.

Our whole group, minus the Davis'. I LOVED the graduation hats that Janie got for all the kids to wear. ADORABLE!

Despite it all, it seamed kind of anticlimactic. Everyone kept asking me, "are you so excited to graduate?" and I was like, "yeah, but we really aren't "done"... we still have 4 years of residency to go.
Now... after residency... I'm throwing the biggest freaking party that any one's ever scene!
5 comments:
Hey girl! Congratulations to BOTH of you!! Man, it seems like just yesterday I met you for the first time in nursery after talking to you for months on the phone and email about real estate!! We got all moved into Doug's house last weekend, and there's not a time we drive by with Matthew that he doesn't talk about your boys and wish that you were still there! That would have been so awesome to be neighbors!! I still remember telling you when you bought that house about the nice exboyfriend of mine who lived down the hill that you guys would have to become friends with :) didn't think I would actually every marry him, except for that summer in 93 when I almost didn't go to BYU because I was madly in love with him :)
I hope you love your new house in Ohio!! Love ya!!
Wow Nathaniel, great job! We need more doctors who are kind, patient, understanding, loyal, have good ethics and truly care about others. You have been blessed with all of the above and will make a wonderful Doctor!
Love - Jeff & Diane
Thinks he looks like Harry Potter, that is SO hilarious!! :D
Congrats Nate!!! I'm so proud of you!
Hey! I just found you through kates blog.. congrats to you guys!!! that is such a huge deal!!
Congratulations to Both of you! We could use more good doctors. :)
Post a Comment