Anyway, I know there is a time and a season for everything, and my life seams to be a constant change and adjustment month to month depending on Nate's constantly changing schedule, and the new projects that I can't seam to resist.
Our newest project is filling in a huge pit in the back yard that the previous owners left for us. We bought 10 tons of dirt, and because of the recently melted snow the driver didn't want to drive into our yard to dump it directly into "the pit" (as we lovingly nick named it), for fear of getting his truck stuck. So, he dumped it along side our house.
The kids thought it was awesome.
It took 7 hours of shoveling dirt into wheelbarrows and a little trailer that we attached to our riding lawn mower that our neighbor was so kind to lend us to get HALF way down with the pile.
Our arms were sore and backs hurt, but it felt great working together as a family. A day with no tv or video games was heavenly to me.
Okay... so Austin has the coolest curly hair, and we let it grow pretty long, but one day Austin came to me all upset because he really didn't want curly hair anymore... he wanted a Mohawk! I tried and couldn't Mohawk curls to I told him we would have to straighten his hair first and then try to Mohawk it. He looked so different with straight hair!
Of course once I put the gel in his hair to Mohawk it, it just curled up again.
What was really funny was that as I was "gelling" his hair I was so confused why the gel just didn't want to hold very well... I wasn't thinking "boy, they just don't make gel like hair gel like they used too." A couple days later I was cleaning up the bathroom and took a closer look at the hair gel that I was using... Holly cow... no wonder it didn't work... it was "Aloe Vera gel" for sunburns!!! I laughed so hard!
I love spring time!!! In Ohio it's kind of frustrating though. We had record heat on Monday and then SNOW on Friday! The temperature is like a roller coaster ride here. It's weird, but the when it's nice outside, it's wonderful! After preschool one day Krystal and I had some fun making flower crowns for our girls and then took some pictures.
We were trying to get Alyssa to smile and she started making the funniest faces! This was my favorite!
She's so darn cute!
The next day we took our kids to the park and took some more pictures.
Cute little Austin and his gorgeous curls!
I'm so excited to plant a garden this year. But had no idea how I was going to till up the ground with Nate working night shift right now. Then I got a flyer in church saying that if you wanted help getting your ground ready to plant to sign up and ward members would come and help! I couldn't believe it! I signed up, and a few weeks later 3 men from the ward and the missionaries came over and helped us get all the grass out... which we dumped in our "pit".
How awesome is it that we were able to get the whole garden ready in 30 minutes with everyones help! One brother in our ward had a "sod cutter" so all we had to do was roll up the grass and move it to the pit, and then they used a tiller to finish the job. It's amazing how fast it goes with the right equipment and a little bit of help.
Well. This will have to do it for now. It feels good to write a few things down. I think it's so frustrating that when life is busy and crazy and there is so much that you want to write down and remember, you just don't have the time to do it... but when things finally slow down a little... you don't remember all the details that you knew you wanted too. Oh well... I guess I just have to try my best and be happy with what I can get done.
7 comments:
Wow, Austin looks like a different kid with straight hair. We had to chop Cole's curls when he got lice in January. It's still growing back and he looks so different. Your garden spot looks awesome! Will asks me all the time when we'll see Andrew again. Any plans to head this way?
Becky, you are an AMAZING mother and person. I love you and know you are doing your absolute best! You work so hard. I know Heavenly Father is pleased with what you are doing and trying to do. (((HUGS)))
That is SO awesome that your ward helped you get your garden going! What a great idea!
It is so nice to see what you all are up to. You are an amazing woman, don't ever doubt that! I can't believe how much your kids are growing up just since we saw you in Dec. We NEEDDDDDD to see you guys soon. G is having a b-day party on May 8th (sat) You are invited of course and we would love to have you here for the day. Don't worry about it if you are busy...but lets plan to meet half way again soon!
I had to chuckle at the Aloe Vera gel. Too funny.
The funniest thing about the Aloe Vera is that last year while in North Carolina, I bought it thinking that it was hair gel!! LOL
I'm glad that things are going well for you and that your pit is filled now. Miss you, girl!
Toothpaste works well, if the aloe vera doesn't. I know from experience.
Love his curls, though. They are amazing and perfect! :)
A huge dirt pile...every kids favorite place to play! :-D
I LOVED all the pictures! We can't wait until July to see all of you again! Happy gardening!
Post a Comment