Just Another Day In Paradise

Monday, May 3, 2010

Play Time!

Winter is over, and I'm so looking forward to spending all of the summer outside soaking up the warm sun. I've missed the sun. My kids have missed running through the grass barefoot, and I miss sitting on my back steps enjoying a refreshing breeze while listening to my kids laugh and run and tag a new someone to be "it".

I'm so excited to have my kids outside that I did something very exciting for them.

I bought Alyssa a castle.

I bought Austin a fort.

I bought Andrew a race track.

And it all came in the form of a swing set.



Nate got off work on Friday at 1:00pm (he went to work at 4:00 the previous night... which makes a 19 hour shift), he took a quick 4 hour nap and at 5:00 woke up and ran to "Toys R Us" where we were able to grab this set on sale! Yeah for Sales!!!




It took us about 3 hours that night to separate and label all the pieces.



On Saturday morning we got up at 6:30am to get an early start... we heard that it was going to take at least 10 hours to set up. One person said it took them two days working all day to set up... we only had one day to knock it out, so we got busy.



As soon as the floor was in Alyssa and Austin couldn't wait to get in it. It didn't take long for the knight to storm the castle and save the damsel in distress... or was he causing the distress?



Behold the Princess waiting for her prince to come.



It took us exactly 10 hours on Saturday to get it up, so 13 hours of total labor, but it was wonderful. The weather threatened rain, but it held and it was wonderful spending an entire day outside as a family working together.

Above is the front view of the swing.



This is the back of the swing. I love the little "cafe"!



There is nothing better than building something that in return will build memories that will last forever.



For both the kids and the parents.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, what a cool little playset!! It's great building memories isn't it? I bet the kids will really enjoy their new swing set!!

Candace said...

HOW FUN!!! Hannah is going to demand we make a trip just to try it out, if she ever finds out about it! :) The little cafe is super cute! I've never seen something like that.

Mom said...

Boy, looking at all the boxes and lumber layed out brought back memories of when Dad and Paul assembled our swing-set! :-D

What a great looking set you got!!! I'm sure the kids (and probably all the neighbor kids, as well) are REALLY going to enjoy playing on it this summer!

You guys did a fabulous job getting it assembled as quickly as you did! How fun!!!!

Toni said...

That's an awesome playset. I know the kids will enjoy it for years to come.

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

Becky the playhouse looks awesome! What a lot of work sheesh! We miss you guys like crazy and cant wait to see you when you come here!