Just Another Day In Paradise

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Austin's Birthday Party!

Austin turned 5 years old on Oct. 21st! I can't believe how big he is getting!
We decided to throw him a big birthday party and we invited all his church friends and all the kids from his pre-school. 15 kids came! We had so much fun!Austin received some sweet gifts! I didn't want to post pictures of all of them, but here are a couple pictures that I liked.

Thank you Mom and Dad Petersen for the Operation game! Austin and Andrew both love it! And thank you Mom and Dad Evans' for the card and $$, Austin was SO EXCITED about it, and is excited to pay his tithing this Sunday!

I missed the shot of Austin puckering up to blow out the candles!

A party wouldn't be complete without the pinata! This one was different because instead of beating the thing to bits the kids took turns grabbing one of the ribbons hanging from the bottom of the pinata and the pulled, only one ribbon would open a trap door in the bottom and all the candy spilled out! It was so much fun... and a lot less dangerous!

We played lots of games including "Pin the tail on the donkey", "Duck, duck, goose" and this one... can you see the balloons tied to the kids ankles? What they had to do was run around and try to pop each others balloons while trying to keep their own safe. The last kids with a surviving balloon got a prize.
It was a great birthday party!
Happy Birthday Austin!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a GREAT mom you are to have 15 5 year-olds running through your house!!! :-P I expecially loved how you gave a REAL kid's birthday party, with the traditional games (I liked the "Cars" pinata!) and b-day cake, as opposed to the "extravagansas" that so many parents are putting on these days (more for them to show-off, I think, than for the enjoyment of their children)! It looked like the kids had LOTS of fun! I also thought the "Operation" game was a fun and appropriate choice...perhaps it will inspire Austin to follow in his father's footsteps! :-D

Candace said...

I CANNOT believe he is 5!!! I seriously think of him as being David's age! What a fun birthday! Happy birthday, Austin!