Just Another Day In Paradise

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dr. Jokes

Nate has been working in the clinic lately which means he does a lot of check up's on pregnant girls before they deliver. He likes to joke around and make people relax and feel a little more comfortable.

Yesterday he came home and told me a couple of stories that had me laughing so hard.

The other day he was in a delivery room with a couple of nurses. He patient was getting ready to deliver. He checks her and tells her that the baby is crowning and it's time to push. He then yells at the nurses, "The baby is coming, quick, you boil some water, and you get some towels!"


Yesterday there was a lady that came into the hospital because she thought her water had broken, being pre-term this could be a problem. Nate goes in and checks her out and tells the lady, "Good news, your water didn't break."

The lady then says, "Oh, Thank you Jesus!"

Nate says, "Oh... I'm not Jesus, I'm just one of the residents who works here."


Finally a lady who Nate had worked with in the clinic came with with her friend to deliver, and she told the nurses, "I want Dr. Jokes to deliver my baby." They all knew she was talking about Nate.

I LOVE my husband! He cracks me up, and I'm also glad that he can crack others up too.

10 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Haaaaahahahaha! Those are awesome! Be sure to post more!

Candace said...

Bahahahahaha!!! I'm sure he is such a breath of fresh air for both the staff and his patients!! I'd like Dr. Jokes to be my OB if he weren't...ahem...my brother-in-law!!

Emily and John said...

Nate is such a character!! How funny!! I miss being around those jokes. ;)
Oh and Candace, at least he will never see you strapped naked to a table like when Mom was about ready to have me!!! You should ask her about that story sometime. :p Sorry Mom, couldn't help but bring it up.

Toni said...

Laughter is the best medicine.

Erika Cluff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika Cluff said...

We all knew Nate's questionable sense of humor could be redirected in better ways. Ha..ha... Sounds like he is doing well. When patients begin requesting him for their care, nothing speaks higher to his reputation as a great doctor than that.

Ioana said...

How funny! I wish more docs would be like him. Good job, Nate!

Susan said...

I'd probably ask for him too. Nothing compares to a good bedside manner.

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

Oh my heck I am peeing my pants!! Nate cracks me up! But candace I don't know about that 'breath of fresh air' I know it has been awhile since I have seen nate but FRESH air and Nate don't really have alot in common in you know what I mean.....

Becky said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! I'm laughing so hard Rachell! I remember that one time that he literally knocked me out of bed with a stinky one! He's not usually stinky... but when he is... WHAOOOO! Wouldn't want that in my delivery room... maybe the jokes make up for the stink! :-)
I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!