Nate works some pretty crazy hours. He works on average 80 hour work weeks, and comes home totally exhasted most days. If that's not enough he also has to be "on call" 2 or 3 week ends a month, which means that he goes to the hospital at 5:30am on a Saturday morning, and doesn't come home until 9 or 10am on Sunday morning. Most of these shifts he is lucky just to sit down and eat a granola bar at some point... there has been shifts that he literally didn't get a chance to sit down once in 30 hours! You can imagine how tired he would be after a shift like this.
After one such shift I went into the bedroom expecting to find him totally passed out in bed. Instead I found him holding his little girl and reading her a story.

My children and I are so lucky to have a husband and father so devoted and loving. I love you Nate.
4 comments:
OHHHHHHHH! That is sooo sweet! There are times when Loren will be working all day and the kids'll ask him to help them with something, or go play with them, or take them somewhere and I'll think that Loren will say no because of how sweaty and tired he is, but instead he says "OK!"
So sweet! And you know those are the memories our kids'll cherish the most!
Rock on Nate! Family is #1 despite what the other residents think. You will be blessed for these small moments of service to your kids!
What a good dad.
Good job, Nate!
Post a Comment