Just Another Day In Paradise

Saturday, December 6, 2008

BIG Birthday Suprise

The night of the 14th... I think it was Friday, I was up reading the boys a book getting ready to put them to bed, and my phone rang. It was Nate. He usually calls around this time to say "good night" to the boys, and have family prayers together. After a little bit of talking I heard someone knocking at the door. I told Nate "Okay... You are coming with me to the door because I have no idea who this could be.


When I got to the door I saw a Birthday balloon through the window, and I thought that maybe it was Susan or Carie, or someone who knew it was Alyssa's birthday. I opened the door and just stared for a minute. Nate was there, in his suit, with a balloon and a chocolate birthday cake! I was completely shocked. I scram "Oh my Gosh!" and jumped on him, and gave him the biggest hug! I was so shocked I started crying... I was so happy to see him.

After a minute or so my phone rang and it was my neighbor. She said, "I just had to call and say that I saw Nate come home and surprise you, and I heard you scream and jump on him, and I just started crying, it was the sweetest thing I ever saw! I just had to tell you that... now go be with your husband." I LOVE the south!!!

Nate said that he just couldn't stand the thought of missing his little girls first birthday, so after his interview he jumped in his car and drove the 6 hours to get here to give Alyssa her birthday balloon, cake and kiss. Could there be a sweeter man on earth? I'm so blessed!


3 comments:

Mom said...

What a cute video and what a sweet and thoughtful husband you have (I got all teary just reading about it)...he makes his mother very proud!!!

Emily and John said...

HOW SWEET!! Nate, you are awesome!! I know John would have done the same thing (if he was A LOT closer!) while he was in Iraq! Isn't great to have such a wonderful, loving and thoughtful husband? ;) Cute video too! Alyssa is growing up!

Candace said...

Aw, what a sweet, sweet memory for you guys! Made me teary reading it!