Just Another Day In Paradise

Friday, July 24, 2009

How much am I worth?

I'm going to update my blog... someday... I wish that everything wasn't so busy right now... but until I do I have a funny story to tell:

So, I was in the car with the boys today, Andrew had me take him to Game Stop so he could pick up the Harry Potter; Prisoner of Azkaban game cube game that was on sale for $4.99. He's been saving his money so when he finds something he really wants he can get it... the kid can save he has over 20 bucks! I'm going to have to start going to him for money soon!

Anyway, we picked up the game and on the way home we had to stop at a red light before turning to enter the freeway to go home. We ended up stopping right under the overpass, which a train happened to be on at the time. The over pass was old and Andrew noticed it and said rather nervously, "What would happen if this fell down on top of us?"

I said, "Well, that would suck," (I know I'm a terrible Mom for using such language, but... it would!) "It would kill us pretty fast... I don't think we would feel a thing."

Austin piped in, "Yeah, and if we died then the people would have to give us like $400.00."

I laughed and said, "how much?"

He hesitated for a moment and said, "$4000.00?" I guess he thought the first guess was a little low. Anyway, I laughed and said, "Well, I have life insurance, so if I died Dad would get something more like $100,000... but Dad, Dad is worth more than I am."

Andrew nods his head and says, "Yeah he is, because he can beat me at Halo."

Now I know what makes a person valuable.

7 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

HAHA! That's hilarious! Andrew is so funny! So how much is someone worth who can beat Dad at Halo? $125K?

I love you girl!

Toni said...

Too funny. At least we now know what makes someone worth more.

Ioana said...

LOL That was hilarious!

Emily and John said...

LOL! Kids say the darndest things! I miss those little guys!

Lara Neves said...

Firstly, this IS updating your blog, silly. :)

I loved this. These are my favorite kinds of stories. Our children's view of the world is just so priceless.

You'd better get working on those Halo skills so they'll pay you more when you die. :)

Anonymous said...

That is so so so funny

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

That is so funny! How are you guys doing in your new digs? How is nate doing at the hospital? Jeff and I miss you guys like crazy! You know what is so funny. Jeff and I were talking and techinally Nate could deliver our first born child. NOT THAT I WOULD EVER let him do it :) but it is crazy that he is certified and bonifed to do so! Congrats on graduation. What a huge step for you guys. We are so proud of you!