Soooo... I know that July 4th was like... forever ago, but... better late than never right?
Soo... for the 4th I wanted to have a party... I know, what's new right?! Well... now I finally have a house that can comfortably accommodate some fun-loving party goers. I was so excited!!!
Tracy and Carie who moved to Columbus for residency came over too! We started things off with a BBQ in the back yard.

Here is Grace (Carie's baby) and Alyssa cruising around the yard together.

Here are the kids eating on the steps. Stacy and Matt Eager came over with their 3 kids Emma, Ellie, and Brady, and Krystal came with her 2 Lilly and Miranda (who were also in Andrew's go cart video).

After the BBQ we headed over to Market St. for a parade! It was AWESOME! They still throw candy out here! The kids
And Adults had a blast running out to collect some candy. I was so proud of Andrew and Austin because one of their friends from the ward was there and he wasn't feeling well, so they shared a good portion of their candy with him. The picture above is Stacy and Ellie... don't you just LOVE 4th of July outfits!

This is Krystal! She is going to be working with me in the preschool! ... Did I mention here yet that I'm starting a preschool in my basement? Well... now you know.

The kids looked so cute waving their flags!
.JPG)
Here is Tracy and Grace!

How can I not post a picture of a '57 Chevy? They had a TON of awesome classic cars in the parade! It was like a rolling car show... the sound was AWESOME!!!

There was a little break in the parade so I risked death in front of some on coming dancers to get this shot. By the way... when the dancers started dancing to Thriller... I was rocking with them on the side lines. I still have some moves. :-)

After the parade we went back to my house and shot off some fireworks. None of us wanted to mess with driving into Akron for their show, when we could put one on ourselves thanks to Tracy's
slightly illegal collection he brought with him.

This was the grand finale. It was so funny watching all the guys revert back to childhood, lighting something and running away giggling. All went well... Stacy almost lost her leg when Matt's shot the wrong way and landed at her feet... but we all survived.
Happy (very late) 4th of July! God bless America... and down with socialist Obamacare... did that slip out...
3 comments:
Good luck with the preschool.
Very cool! Good luck with the preschool! Sounds fun!
Oh Becky, I forgot to tell you, I renamed my blog, it's NO LONGER Mathews Memory Lane. I changed it to "Complicated Simplicity".
Here's the new link:
http://complicatedsimplicity96.blogspot.com
Sorry if I haven't updated you...
Hugs, Carolyn
Post a Comment