Just Another Day In Paradise

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summer Time Fun

I'm really bad at getting pictures in the right order.
Anyway...
My sister and her hubby brought their 3 adorable kids over for the day a few weeks ago. We had so much fun.
We set up a little pool in the backyard for the kids to play in, the only problem... it was so cold!!!
Being a good Mom, I tried to be a good example and show the kids that the pool wasn't that cold.
Then Andrew threw water on my back.
If you know me you know that if you get me... I'll get you back...
but worse...

After that a water fight ensued. ... We are big on water fights in my house.
Poor Kirsten did NOT want anything to do with that pool... way too cold.

Riley on the other hand LOVED the water!
I think that this is hilarious. She didn't even want to get her feet in!
After the water fight, we all got cleaned up and Rob, Andrew and Austin showed off their skills with a bike.
Notice poor Austin on the ground in the background. :-) He's actually gotten very good sense then.

Here I am with my buddie Riley.
We took all the kids to a park by my house and Rob brought this awesome Star Wars kite that he Andrew and Austin enjoyed flying.
Can't you totally hear the Star Wars theme playing?
Here are my adorable kids on the tire swing.
Here are some of my favorite shots from the day.
I braided Jordan's hair and had to get a picture of it... Can't wait until Alyssa grows a little more hair!
Our little water boy!
My golden shot of Kirsten!
Ad finally sweet Kirsten.
It was so much fun hanging out with you guys! Can't wait to do it again!
By the way... the high the other day was 64 degrees here! My brother told me that it was 114 in Mesa AZ! We were 50 degrees colder here!!! We had to wear sweaters to walk to the bus stop because it was 50 degrees this morning. burrrrrr... hope I survive an Ohio winter!

5 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

"Can't you totally hear the Star Wars theme playing?"

HAHAHA!! I totally laughed when I read that part! That was hilarious.

What a fun time you guys had! I loved looking at the photos and reading about it. Your kids are all getting so big! It's crazy!

Lara Neves said...

Fun!

I'm with you on the cold midwestern summer this year!

Here in Michigan the high was 59 the other day. I never thought I'd have to turn the heat up in August, but my blood is not thick enough yet!

Good luck!

Brittany said...

Ty's kids are so stinkin' cute!!!! As are yours of course :)

Whitney said...

Becky!
It is Whitney Sowby- formerly Whitney Herrod! We used to live next door to each other when you and Nate were firt married! Remember that little red brick house in SV? :)
OHIO!!! That is where we are! We are in Columbus- my hubby is going to medical school too! He just started though! Is Nate in his residency/fellowship or working now? Your kids are so cute! You are an awesome photographer! I am worried about the cold winter here too...we will have to come up with some warm winter ideas...

Becky said...

Wow it's good to hear from you Whitney!!! Send me an invite to your blog or e-mail me. nateandbecky@gmail.com. Maybe one of these days we can meet up!

Good luck in medical school! It's rough, but you can both make it through. Can't wait to hear from you!