Just Another Day In Paradise

Friday, August 14, 2009

Random pictures

So... I thought that I would post some random pictures.


Nate was getting ready for a surgery class a few weeks ago and he's been sewing up dang near anything he can get his needles on. My favorite was when he gutted a banana and sewed it up!

He's so proud... and so HOT!

The other day I made some homemade pizza, I know, I know, you are jealous that you weren't here to get some... I admit, it's the best pizza in the world... second only to Debbie's... Nate's mom. Just look at the satisfaction that comes from one bite of my pizza.



Then we followed that up with my favorite summer time treat...

watermelon.

Alyssa and Austin look a lot a like... but I would like to point out one of their many differences... besides the obvious boy/girl difference. Look at how Alyssa delicately holds her watermelon, and takes some little nibbles of the juicy goodness.
Then there is Austin's more... aggressive approach
Thank heaven for little girls.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

How cute-I totally noticed how delicately Alyssa was holding her watermelon, even before you pointed it out. I love random pictures. We totally miss you guys!!

Chandy said...

You definitely have a fun bunch there!

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

How funny that Nate's been mercilessly slicing bananas and then sewing them back up! I'm glad he's getting lots of practice.

Patient: "So doctor, how long have you been doing surgery?"

Nate: "Well, I've been slicing and sewing bananas for years now..."

Can you imagine the comfort in that? Totally kidding.

And, unlike Andrea, I didn't notice Alyssa's delicateness to holding her watermelon until you pointed it out! How cute! I love it!

I love random pics as well. I makes me feel like a part of your life.

Kristin Collins Rasmussen said...

Hey girl- how's it going in Ohio!? Hope you're doing well! Come check out my new blog I'm trying to get started for the real estate impaired :)

Becky said...

Okay, my brother e-mailed me this and I thought it was so funny I'm posting it here for him:

Tell Nate that I would not want him sewing me up! That Nanner looks like it's gonna have one heck of a scar! There was still a 1/4 inch gap in there! Keep practicing bud! Try to make it prettier! Does it help to hold the gap closed while threading the needle through to make sure that the thread pulls it closed with the sides matching up where you want them to? It seems like it would be easy to make it wrinkled between some stitches and tight between others. Maybe some of my woodworking clamps would work?!?!

Here is my explaination:
LOL! That is hilarious! No, he couldn't pull tight because the thread just rips right though the banana. He was just practicing interlocking the stitches. I don't think you would have to worry anyway because those are intrauterine locking stitches... they are in the uterus so you don't see them, and they are not going anywhere... I should know, I've been sewn up by them 3 times now, and I'm still in one piece. :-) The cosmetic stitches that they sew your skin up with are much prettier.

Toni said...

Love the sutured banana.

Ioana said...

That's so funny with the banana! And that pizza looks very yummy.:) It is so awesome to notice the difference between Alyssa and Austin.:)

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

Totally saw the little girl pinky raise! Love it!! How are you guys liking your new home?

M and B said...

That banana picture is so funny- especially how proud he is of it:)