Just Another Day In Paradise

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

If you need help just call "Dr. Phil"

Last night we are reading scriptures with the kids, and we always go in a circle, everyone reading 1 verse to keep the boys paying attention. Austin is becoming a very good reader, but as a 1st grader he is still limited in his vocabulary.

So it came for Austin to read and he says, "And it came to pass that in the last days "DR. PHIL"!"

I looked at him and said, "What?"

He said, "If I come up to a word I don't know, then I'm just going to say "Dr. Phil".

Nate and I laughed so hard. Where does he come up with this stuff???

So I told him that "Dr. Phil" isn't exactly church related.

So he said, "Then when I can't read a word I'll just say, "Lord have mercy!"

I laughed until my cheeks hurt.

5 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Oh my!

He has me laughing pretty hard, too! That is hilarious!

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

HAAAAHAHAHA! That would've been awesome to witness!

Emily and John said...

Now that is funny!!! Gotta love some of the things kids say! :D

Angie said...

That is very funny! What a great mind! Thanks for sharing.

M and B said...

I'm laughing until my cheeks hurt too- too cute!