Trying to keep 6 preschoolers together can be a little tricky... that's when it's handy to know your girl scout knots. :). After securing our charges together we embarked on our nature hunt.
Hoping to find some beautiful bird, or squirrel first we were a little surprised to find a millipede nest as our first discovery.
Ewe.
Not long after we did find the birds, and butterflies. The kids loved looking over a bridge at the water trickling underneath them.
But we just couldn't see any fish down there.
So we continued our journey.
The scenery was stunning.
And so were the kids.
We got to watch the ducks swimming and ducking their heads under the water looking for lunch.
And turtles jumping off logs into the cold water.
When one of the girls got tired, her friends were there to help her along.
And friendships were made stronger.
I love the peace that only being in nature can bring.
When it was over we had our snack at the picnic tables and the kids got to enjoy the jungle gym.
And Krystal and I had fun being kids again.
"Go Twinkle Tots!"
2 comments:
I love being with little children in nature; they see SO much more and notice all the beauty in the littlest things. (Minus the millipede nest!!! SO GROSS!!!!)
You two are two peas in a pod! An adorable one, at that. :) So glad you have each other. Your little preschool is adorable, too! You guys are such fun teachers. I SO wish Hannah could go to your preschool all the time! And that park is AWESOME. Wish I had that close by, too!
What a beautiful time of year! It looks like you have things so organized and fun for the children in your pre-school (and, of course, Alyssa is adorable)!
Post a Comment