I was getting ready for bed, and little Alyssa came toddling into my room holding her "willie" (blanket) and with wide eyes. Looking too cute for words she said, "I'm scared."
She was soon followed by my sweet Otter Pop (Austin) who, though trying to look tough, I could see the question behind his eyes that I knew he didn't want to have to ask. He didn't have too. I tapped the bed, and in he jumped.
Andrew wasn't 2 seconds later. No need for an invite... in he jumped.
I felt like "Maria" and wanted to sing about my favorite things... but somehow I doubt me singing about "reading good books, and playing piano. Playing with kids and quiet hot showers" would really cheer them up... on the contrary, I'm sure me busting into song would terrify them even more... so I just smiled and pulled the blanket up over us all.
Andrew asked, "How come you aren't scared Mom?"
I told him that when I was younger I was terrified of lighting storms. I would be on the verge of tears clinging to my blanket the whole time until the storm finally passed.
He asked how come I'm not scared anymore.
The truth is sometimes I am... but I pray for the Lord to bring me peace.
And He did.
In the form of 3 sleeping angels.
6 comments:
I love your blogs! They are so sweet! You are such a great mom!
Adorable! :) I am scared of T-storms too. When I SHOULD be scared of the lightning, it's the LOUD thunder that freaks me out the most!!
Are you trying to make me cry? :) that was so sweet of a post!
I'm assuming Nate wasn't there. How cute that they all wanted to sleep in your bed.
Your last two posts have touched my heart. Thanks for sharing.
It's amazing the strength we, as mothers, can find in over-coming our own fears to comfort our children. What a sweet post by an equally sweet mother!
Post a Comment