Just Another Day In Paradise

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Andrew's Baptism!

Andrew was baptised on December 30th 2008! We were planning on having it on his birthday November 30th, but just days before the baptism Nate realized that he had an interview that he had to go to on that day. I was pretty irritated at the time, but like all the other drama that happened over the last few months it was a blessing in disguise.
We found out just days later that Jonathan (Nate's brother) and Candace were wanting to drive down and visit over New Year's! We were so excited! We postponed the baptism so that they could be there. It was wonderful being able to have some family here for the baptism!
Candace is an amazing person!!! I love her so much! She wrote a beautiful song called "Masterpiece" and I asked her to sing it at the baptism. She did, and it was so beautiful! THANK YOU CANDACE!!!
Here is Nate with Jun and his son David. Jun (our family nick-name for him) was able to be a witness for the baptism, and help in the confirmation.
THANK YOU JUN!!!
Here is our little family just before the baptism. Alyssa loves her teddy bear!
Andrew and Dad.

The baptism was wonderful, and the spirit was there. We had a lot of people come to support Andrew. THANK YOU! We have the best ward here in Virginia, and we are so blessed to have made such great friends here that they are now part of our family.
The best part of the baptism was went it was over Andrew told us that he felt a warm feeling inside, and he just felt so happy. He already is recognizing the Holy Ghost in his life. We are so proud of his choice.
LOVE YOU ANDREW!!!!

5 comments:

Mom said...

What a wonderful baptism! I sure wish we could have been there, but are really glad that Jonathan and Candace could attend to represent the rest of the Evans clan. I'm also SO glad that Andrew is already beginning to recognize the Spirit when he feels it; what a marvelous blessing and help that will be to him throughout his life!

Emily and John said...

How wonderful! I'm glad Jun and Candace and their kids could be there! How awesome that Candace sang the song she wrote!
Congrats Andrew! We are so proud of you!

Toni said...

I'm so glad I could be there for his baptism. Candace (and you for playing) did a great job on the song. It was beautiful

Chandy said...

Were you weepy! I was so weepy when Lisa and Jasmine were baptized that I didn't get to thank many people in person.

Congratulations, Andrew!

Candace said...

We are so happy we could be there to witness such a special event for Andrew!

Thanks again, Becky, for giving me the opportunity to share my song. I LOVE doing it. You ROCK. Love ya!