This was so funny I had to post it.
The other day I was babysitting Mathew, one of Austin's friends, and during lunch I overheard their conversation. It was very pleasant at first, but then Mathew said, "Hey, I've shot a real gun before."
Austin sensing the competition replies, "So have I."
Mathew wasn't too surprised, and he was ready with a blow. "Well, for Christmas I got a real be-be gun."
Austin was taken aback, "Really?" Austin looked him up and down, and thinking he was lying yells to me, "Mom, he said that he got a real gun for Christmas."
"Well, he probably did." How am I supposed to know???
Andrew's ears perked up at hearing the word "gun" muttered "Man, I wish I had a gun." Then turns back to playing his Halo game (which is like a soldier game where you try to shoot each other... I know I know, it's really uplifting. :-)
Mathew turned back to Austin, pleased that he had "one upped" my boys on the gun issue. Then, deciding that he wanted to do it again he says, "When I was a kid, I used to pick my nose."
Austin puts his hands on his hips, he would not be outdone again. "I did too."
"Well... I used to eat my boogers." A victorious smile spread across his face.
Austin, noticing Mathew's confidence gets a satisfied smirk on his face, and simply replies, "I did too."
Mathew's look of victory melted as he looked him up and done, as if trying to see if he was bluffing. After a short moment he decided that it was no bluff. Austin had matched him.
Their conversation then turned to, "So what do you want to do after lunch".
I turned around and started laughing. Hurray... my son... the booger eater. YUCK!!!
A new project!
11 years ago
2 comments:
The things kids get competitive over!
Rewards of having boys, congratulations! Funny! :D
Post a Comment