Just Another Day In Paradise

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Little Leopard and Big Accomplishments

Andrew is in third grade now and received an assignment to do his first research paper on any animal that he wanted. He chose the Leopard.

He and I went to the local library and picked out 4 great big books on "Carnivores", and "Big Cats" and enjoyed reading through the chapters on Leopards and taking notes. He was graded on his notes, and his report, and then he needed to make a "habitat" for his animal and showcase it at his school's "Zoo" where all the parents got to walk through the class rooms and ask the kids questions about their animal.

I was so impressed with how much all the kids knew about their respective animals, and all their habitats were so different, and all were very well done. It was so neat to see how much time and effort these kids put into this project.


I really enjoyed working with Andrew on this project.









What could be better than finishing a 3 page report and a habitat to go with it?



Getting a perfect grade on it!

What a great accomplishment!

4 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

WAY TO GO ANDREW! That's so great! He should be proud!

And I can see so much Nate in him! But also, a lot of you! He's a good mix of the both of you!

What a good kid! I'm happy to see he's doing so well!

Andrea said...

It's so great when kids get excited to do school projects!! He did such an awesome job on the picture and the habitat!

Mom said...

Andrew, that is AWESOME!! It appears you have some real artistic ability! I remember doing a couple of projects like that when I was in school, but none of them ever turned out that nice! Keep up the great work!

Toni said...

Awesome job Andrew! The picture he drew is awesome.